- Converts one M.2 port (M key) into one PCIe x4 interface
- Includes aluminum heatsink and thermal pad for enhanced M.2 SSD cooling
- Exposed copper inlays efficiently cool installed M.2 SSD for consistently high performance
- Supports 2230,2242,2260 and 2280 length M.2 SSD
- Includes optional Low-profile expansion slot
- No driver installation required
There are three types of M.2 SSDs, please make sure you know the difference between them and whether your system/motherboard support them before pairing these with your SilverStone product.
SATA (B key)
Used for SATA SSDs, and interfaced through the AHCI driver and SATA 3.0 (6 Gbit/s) port exposed through the M.2 connector.
PCI Express using AHCI (M key) only support to install this type
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the AHCI driver and provided PCI Express lanes, providing backward compatibility with widespread SATA support in operating systems at the cost of not delivering optimal performance by using AHCI for accessing PCI Express SSDs.
PCI Express using NVMe (M key) only support to install this type
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the NVMe driver and provided PCI Express lanes, as a high-performance and scalable host controller interface designed and optimized especially for interfacing with PCI Express SSDs. NVMe has been designed from the ground up, capitalizing on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and complementing the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications.
- Power ON : Blue
- PCI Express x 4
- LED : ON/OFF
- M.2 (NGFF)
- PCIe x 4 NVMe-based M key
Operating system support
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), 8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or future release version
- Mac OS 10.2.8 or above
Support Length of M.2 SSD
- 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm
Net Weight and dimension
- Heatsink with PCB:121mm (W) x 20mm (H) x 130mm (D), 110g
- Heatsink with PCB:4.76" (W) x 0.79" (H) x 5.12" (D), 110g
- -40 °C ~ 180 °C
Thermal pad thickness
- 0.75mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 1.75mm
Net Weight and dimension
Gray Pad 1：70 mm (W) x 0.75 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 2.53g
Blue Pad 1：70 mm (W) x 1 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 3.2g
Blue Pad 2：70 mm (W) x 1.5 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 4.61g
Gray Pad 2：70 mm (W) x 1.75 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 5.52g
* If you wish to boot off using M.2 SSD, your motherboard needs to support it. Due to BIOS limitations, not all motherboards support booting off M.2 SSD so please consult your motherboard manual or vendor for more details on how to enable this function.
* M.2 PCIe-NVMe mode SSD requires the use of Intel® 9 series (Z97 H97 Z170 X99) or higher version chipset motherboard with Windows 8 or higher version operating system.